"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Poem | Seashore

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang

Please do not post or copy to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.


I cried a river of tears last night
Because I couldn't keep the pain inside
But morning came and
A new dawn shone
So once again I showed you
My laughter and smile

Despair and anxiety had broken me
Like a shattered sea glass on a rocky beach
Where thundering display of rough waves
Smashed me against the sharp edges of a 
Tall cliff
Cutting my back and leaving me bleeding

Those same waves washed me to the shore
And I laid there unconscious
The blithering heat of the Almighty Sun
Scorching the bruised skin on my back
I heard silent footsteps on the seashore
And the first hope I had in a while

I woke up to blinding rays of sunshine and
Sunflowers, and a tray of understanding
And encouragement, and a cup of goodwill
With a little spice of love
And I knew no better present than the 
Current me
Who learned that self-love is all I need

I walked the dark, ragged path yesterday
I skipped around the garden of grass and 
Flowers today
I am new. I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts