"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Article | Spring Break Spring Organizing

 By Eurielle


Written April 11, 2022

Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.


Organization in our house seemed to fall on me. I don't hate it. In truth, I enjoyed organizing different places at home. I'm very particular on how our pantry, for example, should look like. However, there are those organizing bins or jars sold at Amazon, for example, that are too expensive for me to buy. Thankfully, we are near the local 99 cents store. I love the 99 cents store organizing bins. They're very durable and comes in different shapes sizes, and colors. There is also a nearby dollar store that I haven't check out. Maybe one of these days, I can drop by to buy more organizing bins and/or jars.


The picture above is the before and after of our pantry. It is the last place at home that I actually organized during spring break. As anyone can see, the before photo is actually pretty organized before because I did went through it just a couple of months ago. But I wasn't satisfied with the way spaces are being used. The gaps between those shelves are really wide. In addition, extra lids, pans, et cetera, keeps on appearing at the bottom once again when I put them outside where the other pats and pans belong. There's a general chaos in there. So, I went and bought these organizing bins at 99 cents. I was able to find those with lids and those that are basket-like. I used the ones with lids for opened cereals and popcorns. I like the ones with the lids because I can stack them together. The ones that are basket-like, I chose the white ones. It felt neat and cohesive with the other organizing racks and under-the-shelves baskets I already have before. At the bottom, there's a basket where I put covers and extra basins. The snacks - like chips - are also at the bottom. 

The new pantry.





This is actually my first project during this spring. A month or so ago, I went and bought organizing bins from 99 cents and organizing our storage and entryway table. You see, we have cabinets in our garage dedicated for extra shampoo, conditioner, and so on. I constantly rearranges the space, but it is hard to keep it stay organized. Then, I bought some organizing plastic bins with lids and plastic baskets at 99 cents on a whim. After I came home, I spent the whole afternoon putting it all together. I organized that space and look very amazing now. Since the pandemic started, our entryway table became a COVID-19 disinfection site. There are extra masks, hand sanitizers, tissues, et cetera, and it looks very bad. Since it's the entryway, visitors see this place first. I am concerned at how it looks. I went ahead and put those that are not necessary in an organizing bin with a lid. It's still in the entryway table, but now, it doesn't look all over the place. It also look as if it's a first aid kit, which is very nice.

Now back with the my mom's dresser. When my mom saw what I did with those spaces, she asked me if I can work my magic on here dresser as well. So I did. But not for a while. I had to go buy more bins. In addition, there are extra jars from food we finished eating that are around. We keep these jars for later use, but they look ugly, so I spray-painted them with gold - that's the only color my dad has in the garage. I spray-painted the body and lid of the jars after I hot glued them all together. Now, it carries my mom's face creams and so on. I added a flair by using the faux flowers she brought home weeks ago - my mom brings home stuff from the outside without any purpose sometimes. It's up to my creative mind to find their purpose. 



After my mom's dresser, I went and cleaned up their restroom/bathroom. Yes, it's one of my mom's request. Their restroom actually don't have any extra stuff. It's just, things that do not belong in the restroom are in the restroom. I had to go all take out everything before cleaning and organizing. In truth, their stuff are already in the bins - they're black and small bins. It looks alright, but it only made their already small restroom feel more suffocating. In addition, those that are supposed to be together are not together. I made sure to change that. I organized it by stuff they use everyday, stuff they might use later, and extra toiletries. It worked well.

Under their sink, as I mentioned before, they don't have a lot. So I only used one basket to organize the cleaning materials in there.

You might be wondering why there's a Coffee Mate in there - well, as I mentioned before, we use anything that seemed usable. My mom is also a bit on a conserve energy-type of person. She uses that Coffee Mate plastic as a dipper. She doesn't flush the toilet normally. She uses the water she gets from the faucet to flush.

It's fun organizing. I love doing it. It's one of the therapeutic activities I do, and I certainly need to do it since I had a break from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts