"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Article | Ranking 'Pagsibol' Album by SB19

By Eurielle


Written on January 1, 2022

Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.


Ranking SB19 songs don't mean I like one over the other. SB19 and their songs have different impacts and they are all as important as the other. I'm ranking the enjoyment I feel when I'm listening to them, not whether one is better than the other. You'll find that the ranking for Pagsibol doesn't really have many differences from each other.

Enjoyment: 1-Meh, 2-Normal, 3-Enjoyed

1. Mana (Enjoyment: 3)


Unfortunately, Mana doesn't have any music video yet. I'm not sure if the boys will create one for it. Either way, their live performances of mana always delivered and I love every single one of them. I think the reason why it is first on my list is because of the instrumental (kinda) chorus and the dance steps on that part. In addition, I like the lyrics of the song. It has tons of figurative languages, and Pablo's double-meaning lyrics are on work here again. Plus, it has swag. And reminds me of Trese. 

2. SLMT (Enjoyment: 3)


The song is cute, uplifting, and refreshing. The tune is so playful, but I tell you, the lyrics easily touch the heart. It is a song full of thanks and the story that the lyrics speak about makes me glad I'm an A'Tin. The music video is newly uploaded, so it's still fresh, but I've watched them perform this live a couple of times before and the dance steps are so cute. 

3. Bazinga (Enjoyment: 3)


Like most of the songs in Pagsibol, SB19 performed Bazinga a couple of times, and really, I love all of those performances. This music video, though, is dope. Like, Pablo on his motorcycle? Josh's abs? The song itself is already so powerful in meaning and in tune, but the music video brought out their amazingness once again. Thanks to Justin, again, as the creative director, the set of Bazinga is really one of the most impactful amongst their music videos. (Plus Ken's bridge T.T)

4. Mapa (Enjoyment: 3)


The lyrics video of Mapa, like most of their music videos in this album, has tons of symbols and patterns that are very deep and meaningful. The song is so beautiful. It's a song dedicated to all the parents, acting parents, and guardians all around the world, and really, I don't recommend listening and singing along while driving because the waterworks are really going to flow. If you want to listen to this without crying, listen to the Ben&Ben and SB19 version because it's lighter. Whenever I listen to this song, it makes me wish I can tell these words to my parents soon(er) because they're getting old, and they need to rest, retire, and have fun.

5. What? (Enjoyment 2.9)


When they first dropped this song at the beginning of the year last year, it was mindblowing. When you first listen to it, you'll be like - What? Literally. The song changes chords(? Sorry, don't know the musical terms) and it's like a puzzle with different sides and patterns, but put together, wow. Simply wow. I love the dance break as well. In the music video, again, the creative director is Justin, and he puts symbolism as much as Pablo uses figurative language in his lyrics. The song is so beautiful, swag, and literally my anthem when I feel like I'm lost. See >> Article | It's Been A Year Since...

6. Ikako Rap Version (Enjoyment: 2.8)


Not that I have anything against the original, which I think is a really great one already, but the rap version is more uplifting, and Pagsibol actually has this version in the album and not the original. Every single time this song comes up in the playlist, I am always ready with Pablo's rap lyrics on hand. I enjoy doing it and it is so much fun. 

For more videos and information about SB19, visit Official SB19 YouTube.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts