"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Poem | Answer to Letting Go

By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang


Please do not repost or copy to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.

 

It all started to change when I met him
And I realized my current relationship
Was not enough
I couldn’t tell you the truth at first, and I’m sorry

You shared yourself to me, your love and
Your patience
And I enjoyed being with you, that’s true
I guess I was just good at hiding I don’t love you 
Anymore

I was grateful you let me go in the expense 
Of your own happiness
I assured you that he made me so much 
Happier and although I sometimes cried
It was never because of him

I also didn’t know what really happened to me
I knew in my heart that I loved you from the start
You were my one and only
Or so I thought

I didn’t tell you that there’s somebody else 
Because I didn’t even know it myself
I tried to deny it, you see, because
I never wanted to hurt you

I guessed love do have endings
It’s just ours was one of them and although 
I didn’t regret walking away
I still wish you your own love and happiness 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts