"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Poem | Sacramento

By Eddynn Jennifer Mangaoang


Please do not repost or copy to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.





My eyes remembered the greenery
The pine trees so verdant and lush
Tall and strong
And lining up along the highway

My nose remembered the sweet scent
Of the clean air and calm lake
Shimmering underneath the warmth
Of the blinding sun

My feet remembered the fine sand
Heated by the 10 a.m. daylight
The coldness of the water when
I dipped my toes

My legs shuddered, my waist shivered
My body quaked as I slowly walked
Into the deeper part of the lake
Body getting used to the chill

My hands remembered the little stones
I picked up from the shallow part of the lake
Where I chose and chose the flattest one,
So I could skip it on the surface

My tongue remembered the familiar
Taste of suman
The sweetened sticky rice on my fingers
And the corners of my mouth


My arms remembered her and him
Cousins and nieces I never thought I'll get closer to
Remembered the hug I gave them on that morning
Before riding the car leaving for the airport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts