"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Poem | Morning Alone

By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang


Please do not repost or copy to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.





I woke up to the thunder banging loudly
After a sharp, yellow lightning cut
Across the dark gray, cloudy sky
The white rain rushing downwards
To water the dry chilly Earth.
The screeching wheels of a speeding car
Then the sirens right after sounded like a 
Disharmonious drums and cymbals smashing
And clanging against each other
During an orchestra performance;
Noise amongst the whistling violin
Solemnly singing with the symphony.
I opened my dirty white door to a long, black hallway.
In the kitchen, I saw the lazy tabby sleeping above
The fridge after eating last night's leftover.
She looked up at me with her green slit eyes
Before meowing and going back to sleep.
I watched the brown liquid drip into clear glass
And heard the tick-tick-tick of the stove after
Pushing and turning the knob leftward.
The red shooting up and kissing the bottom
Of the frying pan. I cooked my sunny-side up,
The sun surrounded by clouds
Unlike the bleak weather around my cold home;
I added three pieces of bacon in my sizzling pan;
The aroma of burned pork meat permeated
The silence of my kitchen and enveloped me with warmth. 
It's four-thirty-five and the lone lightbulb blinked
Threateningly.
I ate slowly, relishing the taste of vinegar and my breakfast.
Afterwards, I stood up and put my empty plate in the sink,
Brushed my teeth, and went back to my room
Where I lied down in my cool bed
To sleep for another three hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts