"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Poem | Thank You

By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang


Please do not repost or copy to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.





Holding myself tightly, arms around my belly
I lie upon the soft mattress cushioning
The fall in which I find myself
With tears blinding my eyes
And flowing like a river upon my cheek
Glistening time and time again
With the occasional sunlight kissing me
To sleep; for I am grateful to the 
Warmth provided by your embrace
Thankful to the kindness of your sweet caress
Thankful by the way you hum and mumble
For giving this chance to smile and laugh
And enjoy the summer
When I am on the verge of breaking down
On the verge of sobbing, of screaming
Of giving up
I thank you for sleeping beside me
Night after night knowing that without
Your warmth, I will lose myself to darkness
Thank you for smiling for me knowing that
I do not need your tears when I, myself, 
Is trying to contain the pain which is
Trying to consume me
Thank You. Thank you, and I am sorry
Thank you for lying for me
Thank you for putting a zipper on your mouth
For keeping the heart-wrenching secret
Which I am not proud of
Which rips me, will tear them apart
Thank you for keeping up with me
During the lonely hours of my nights
The room so silent
The room so dark
Hiding a broken soul only you know about
Thank you for hiding me
Thank you, my sister dear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts