"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Poem | The Grip of Fear

By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang


Please do not repost or copy to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.





Fear crawled from my toes
Tickling my senses and settling in my stomach
Fear churned within my thoughts of
Broken hearts not necessarily mine
From my stomach, fear gradually reached
The mouth which refuses to speak
Of truth that may or may not destroy
    The future
    My future
    Their future
Fear refused to let go
Fear hid behind my drowsy eyes
Behind my faux smile
Behind the melodious voice
I used to sing
Behind the graceful moves I showed
When I am dancing
Fear gripping me
Fear gripped me like a 
Boa constricting its body around its victim
Slowly, gradually squeezing the life out of it
The life out of me
But fear I release you
I release you
I release fear constantly rearing
Its head upon me for months
Months in which I cry and worry
I release you 
With the sound of my cracked voice
Shouting
Shouting so painfully
I release you
With movements I never thought
I could do
Tumbling and bending
Falling on my knees
Tiring myself until I fall asleep
I release fear of yesterday
Yesterday during that morning
The morning when the darkness engulfed me
The morning in which fear started to creep in
I release fear of tomorrow
Tomorrow with the sunrise
The sunrise that brought the fear
Of not knowing what to say
The fear of not knowing what to do
The fear of not knowing how to face
The reality in which I must put them through
    The fear of not knowing
    The fear of not knowing
    The fear of not knowing
I sat still contemplating
Thinking
Comprehending
Understanding that whatever I say
It will break them
It had broken me
For I do not wish their pity
I do not wish their uncertainty
I do not wish the fear they feared I fear
And so, I am releasing myself from fear
For yesterday and tomorrow fear did not know
For the present, the now, the me right now
Releases the fear which crippled me
Releases the fear which frozen me
Releases the fear which thwarted me
I release you
For I am not afraid anymore
    For I am brave
    For I am brave
    I am brave
    I am brave
Brave to face the fear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts