"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Article | Ranking 'Get In The Zone' Album by SB19

 By Eurielle


Written on January 1, 2022

Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.

Ranking SB19 songs don't mean I like one over the other. SB19 and their songs have different impacts and they are all as important as the other. I'm ranking the enjoyment I feel when I'm listening to them, not whether one is better than the other. 

Enjoyment: 1-Meh, 2-Normal, 3-Enjoyed

1. Love Goes - EDM/Love Goes (Enjoyment: 3)



What's not to love? When I first heard this song of SB19 in their YouTube FanFest performance video, I was ecstatic. I literally love it so much, I think I became a total fan of them right after. I jammed to this song as much as I can, and every time they performed it live, I go crazy over it.  

2. Go Up (Enjoyment: 2.9)


This is the song that brought the boys to stardom. I truly love the beat and always have fun trying to do the dance steps. Like any of their songs, I love this more when they sing it live. The only reason it goes to a second-place is that it makes me cry sometimes. It's hard to drive with tears in your eyes, you know?

3. Alab (Enjoyment: 2.9)


I  think Alab is a little bit better and more fun than Go Up but Go Up is second because it's really inspiring, and I like that. Alab, for me, is a marvel. The music video is so cute and I really look forward to another collab again with Korean artists/personalities featuring in their music videos. I like the beginning of the song - the soft "Hey" is so cool and refreshing... then there's that bridge starting from 2:40-minute mark is so amazing. Again and again, Stell is breaking my bias, and I love it. 

4. Tilaluha (Enjoyment: 2.7)


Sometimes, I like some angst, and Tilaluha takes the notch. It is so sad and the lyrics are so heartbreaking. I feel if someone tells me that this is a movie or drama ost, I'll believe them. "Teach me how to forget you" is giving me Moira feels. However, I enjoy the belting around the 3:27-minute mark. My sister and I always take a deep breath before trying to reach those high notes. I think it's one of the reasons I enjoy listening to it even though it is really sad. 

5. Hanggang Sa Huli (Enjoyment: 2.7)


Can we give Justin a round of applause for doing a great job at creating this music video? The boy is so talented, and he's using what he learned and graduated from in the most interesting ways. Like Tilaluha, this song is also so, so heartbreaking. What I love the most is that the song progression is happier than Tilaluha's and the song is really about hope, happiness, and being constant - like the stars. I also really love how this is the OST for Gameboys The Movie. During the time of hardship and pandemic, Gameboys is the online show that brought color to my bleak world. When they announced that they're going to have a movie, then I heard this song - it was like two of my favorites were brought together, and I was very grateful. 

6. Wag Mong Ikunot Ang Iyong Noo (Enjoyment: 2.6)


I think, if you were born in the late 90's or early 00's and you grew up listening to this type of song, you'll enjoy this so much. Truthfully, this song could've been, maybe, 3rd or 4th on the list, but the only reason that it ranked last is that I have to give Tilaluha and Hanggang Sa Huli a touching factor. I love Tilaluha because it's their debut song. It will forever be ingrained in me that without this song, our SB19 is none (although Go Up brought them up, Tilaluha is their starting line). As for Hanggang Sa Huli, as I mentioned before, it was Gameboys The Movie's OST, and that's a plus factor. 

For more videos and information about SB19, visit their Official YouTube: SB19 Official





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts