"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Article | Going Back To...

 By Eurielle


Written on December 26, 2021

Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.


I found myself enjoying painting outside our back porch even though it was in the middle of a chilling December afternoon. I had fun setting up my working table, putting magazine papers all around to prevent acrylic paint from dislodging on the table's surface and crevices. 

On the 23rd, I painted this painting of a night sky and mountain ranges covered in snow while pine trees and forest of greens surrounded it. I added "splashes" of white acrylic paint to make it look like it was snowing. Actually, I am not a good painter, I just do it as a hobby. I usually follow Jay Lee Painting and Wow Art because their tutorials/painting videos are really awesome. Both painters are really amazing especially when they're using unconventional painting tools like cotton buds, pieces of a cotton, fork, and paper tape. In truth, back in elementary, I used cotton buds (or Q-tips, if people don't know the generic name) during art classes for painting. In addition, I used papaya and/or banana stalks for watercolor painting. They're really beautiful - these stalks. You have to cut the stalks and use the pattern part to dip on the painting, then stamp it on the paper to create a beautiful painting - abstract paint or whatnot. Sadly, there are no papaya or banana plant available at home. 



Today, the 26th, I painted the cherry blossom tree among the wildflowers' garden. I envisioned it as a field of flowers, then there's that one tree that happened to be a cherry blossom. To make the field look wide, I added those pine trees from afar and a wide, cloudy sky. Generally, this one was easier to paint than the first one, not only because of the size of the canvas but because I wasn't really copying either Jay Lee Painting or Wow Art this time. The idea was from their videos, yes, but I didn't have a particular video I was following as opposed to the painting above.

Also, the above painting, if you look closely, has a black moon. I didn't intend to do that. I was having a hard time using my white acrylic paint because it became so watery (I actually just needed to shake the bottle really, really hard), so I was painting with a runny white paint. Then, I had trouble painting the mountain. I felt like I wasn't getting the right shape or not following Jay Lee's "instructions" at all. Even now I still feel like it wasn't good enough. When everything was said and done, I looked at it, and there in the middle was black paint. I agonized a bit, but I thought, "Why not make it into the moon?" so I used a fine tip small brush and spread it clockwise to create a perfect circle.

I always enjoy painting although it was only a hobby. I put my paintings inside my room where no one really come inside. I like being crafty and artsy and I feel that this hobby is another way for me to relax. In addition, I like learning things - and the best way to learn is through a hands-on one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts