"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Poem | Princess Not

By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang


Please do not repost or copy to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.


Back when I was young
I believed in true love
Fairytales were my stories
I was the princess
You were the prince
And like Sleeping Beauty
I woke up from a
Hundred years of sleep
Only to realize that 
there's no prince to wake me.

Several years later,
I got bored in my tower.
Unlike Rapunzel, I didn't wait 
For my prince 
I threw my hair over the edge
And chased my own freedom
My own happiness
Oh, Mama Gothel, it's okay not
To forgive me. Please don't ask for 
My forgiveness as well.

I heard the prince's car
Vroom into my driveway
He said, "Cinderella, come here
Put your feet on these glass shoes."
I thought about it and then
Replied, "Nah, it's too bothersome
And might cut my feet instead."
Prince Charming, I'll rather be in
Comfortable rubber shoes when 
Walking about. Hope you understand.

Back when I was young
I thought I was the princess
And you were the prince
But then I realized
I could live without a man
I realized I am no Cinderella,
Rapunzel, nor Sleeping Beauty
I realized that there's only
The old, little me. And
I can take care of myself just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts