"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Poem | We, Us, Ours

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang


Please do not repost or copy to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.


Singing hummingbirds on the chrysanthemum garden 
Running dogs by the nearby Central Park
Scattered sunlight during twilight
And cozy homes smelling like hot pot dish

Twinkling star lights put freckles on the clear, night sky 
Shining full moon is our solo spotlight
Belting soprano with pastel notes so high
Inside a vibrant, colorful tavern

I’ll grin at you across the room and offer you my ‘bravo’ 
We’ll chant lyrics of untold love songs on the way home

It might be harder to get through a wild tornado
The pouring rain might kiss the earth’s surface for days 
If I have your hand to hold and your lips to kiss
We’ll see rainbow and sunshine in the morning

For there is no me and you or you and me 
In our never-ending chaptered book
To define it in three little words
Everything is we and us and ours

Blossoming pink roses along the white picket fence 
Tweeting sparrows by the tall avocado tree
Broken pieces of shattered china plate
Made whole again with golden lacquer

Crawling white clouds adorned the blue sky
Blinding rays of sunshine sprinkled the shadows 
Knowing that it will not take long until you come home 
Painting rainbows on the blank wall

We’ll kiss by the door when you return, deep and
Full of longing, for an entire day without seeing each other
It might be harder to walk on a tightrope by myself
The rope easily breaks and unwinding

When you’re at the bottom of the cliff arms open to catch me 
I know my safe haven consists of your embrace and warmth

For there is no complete laughter without you near me
And no amounts of tears will be enough to shed 
When you completely leave me,
So tonight, we’ll stay together arms around each other

Funny our love was a taboo one
When all I feel while I’m with you is as normal 
As sunrises and sunsets in an everyday setting 
Birds singing and flowers blooming 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts