"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Bursts/Drabble/Short Story | I You and The Author

By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang


Please do not repost or copy to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.


Chapter 1:
I am the woman standing protest in front of the city hall, bullets from the barrel rain on me. You're the loud voice shouting I don't belong in this country. The author is your society - harsh and picky. 

Chapter 2:
I am a champagne inside of a flyte. You are the glass; sparkly and clear. The author touches his lips on your rim; he gulps me down.

Chapter 3:
I took a photograph of a woman showing all limbs in her skimpy outfit. You snatch it from me as soon as you saw it. The author is your desire and lust consuming you whole.

Chapter 4:
I am a boat drifting the open, deep ocean. You are the sail that guides me. The author is the ocean, troubles lulling us into sweet dangerous dream.

Chapter 5:
I am you. You are me. The author is the mirror telling us our difference.

Chapter 6:
I walk a single, narrow path without a lamppost on sight. You walk multiple, wide paths with lightbulbs sparkling to life as you move along. The author is destiny drawing our paths to cross yet going in different directions.

Chapter 7:
You are Beauty; kind and content. I am Beast; mean and envious. The author is the book writing me as the villain. I only want what's yours. Don't I deserve it as well?

Chapter 8:
I am the Black; the Brown; the Yellow; the Pink; the White. You are the Jealousy; the Irrationality; the Pride; the Irresponsible; the Unguided; the Prejudice; the Bias; the Stereotype. The author is the Gun; the Bullet; the Canon; the Whip; the Guillotine; the Mockery; the Insult; the Hurtful Words that Hurt the Hurt People.

Chapter 9:
I am the left shoe. You are the right shoe. The author is the person who wears and wear us.

Chapter 10:
I am 1. You are 1,000,000. The author is God who brings me to you despite we're worlds' apart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts