"Nagsimula na pero wala na 'kong balak na tapusin. 'Di ibig sabihin 'pag 'di tinapos, ako'y hihinto na rin." - SB19

Article | I Cooked A Mean Noodles From Scratch... For The First Time!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang


Written December 23, 2021

Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading.


I was craving noodles since forever. I wanted to eat Lucky Me Pancit Canton or Nissin Ramen noodles. Since those two were depleted months ago, there were no more noodles inside our pantry except for Cheese flavored cup noodles (I was not a fan) and Chinese egg noodles (they're thin and looked like buckwheat noodles). There were other noodles for misua and for pancit bihon, but they're not what I was looking for. On another note, my dad cooked misua with meatballs twice this month, if I remembered correctly, and yes, they tasted so good, but I really wanted instant noodles. What I cooked was semi-instant, if I may say so myself. The noodles were instant, but the soup was created by me.

I asked my sister's opinion on the soup and she said it tasted so much like instant ramen noodles, and I agreed one hundred percent.



I looked online on how to create Chinese noodle soup and I found Erren's Kitchen's Chinese Noodle Soup recipe. There were some ingredients that I didn't have on my pantry or refrigerator at 12:00 midnight (yes, sir, ma'am. We be cooking at midnight), like greens or chicken stock or green onions (I remembered belatedly that we do have a lot in our gardens), but I have soy sauce, oyster sauce, and herbs. 


So, I didn't have chicken stock, but I did have a Knorr Caldo Con Sabor de Pollo (chicken powder). So I boiled water with the powder, added Kikkoman Oyster Sauce and Kikkoman Soy Sauce. They're one tablespoon each. 

I wasn't sure if the chicken flavor will come through, so I added two beaten eggs seasoned with Great Value Onion Powder, and Chives - lots of Chives. I put Great Value Parsley Flakes, and Savory, Basil, Seasoning Salt, and more Chives directly in the saucepan -they're for taste. I also added whole dried basil leaves - about 3 of them - for fragrance and taste. 


Lastly, I put the egg noodles.  It came with this pack. I only added two rolls because one was already a lot. I kept forgetting about that fact as well, so I literally have leftovers afterward. But yes, in this pack, if you're the only one eating, one roll was enough. Two rolls can be eaten by three people. 



The picture below was the final product. I added another egg, this time it was not beaten. Then I added three pieces of lechon baboy (roasted pig cuts) my sister brought home from a Christmas Party. 

It tasted so good and I will definitely recreate this again. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Update: Welp... Spring Semester Started Last Week!

 By Eddlynn Jennifer Mangaoang Please do not copy or post to another site. Thank you. Enjoy reading. So here's what's going to happe...

Popular Posts